Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MOMA

While the winter has been rather dull, with people wearing the usual black boots and simple blazers, everyone in the city always looks like a huddle of much, where people just swarm from work to home, and then home to work, in that boring array of colors because they "had nothing else to wear."

But fall, on the other hand, fall has always been that perfect season (at least my favorite) because while people still have the liberty of wearing what ever color suits them the best comphortably. Summer (though I was born in August and love it very much) can be fun to experiment with fun, light patterns and short summer dresses, but then again everyone (where ever you are) always wakes up wishing it were winter, because it is just too hot to bare sometimes.

Therefore, the spring and fall lay in between, but fall - still rests as my answer under the category of "favorite season." Anyway, more to the point, this past fall, I went to the MOMA with my parents where I saw "exquisite" paintings done by some supposedly, amazingly famose french painter that I am hearing about for the first time, but really has created hundreds of pieces, but me (as it always seems) the last one to hear him/here. Once again, back to the point, I was not prepared to put on some wedges and a "flowy" dress that evening, so instead I wore a simple-very-fall-like-easy-every-day-outfit to the museum, where I was quite comfortable and felt good. (Sometimes I put on things simply for somphort, but I just don't feel right - like something is missing...do you know what I am talking about?)

Vena Cava for Gap jacket, Urban Outfitters leggings borrowed from my sister, Dooney and Burke Bag, Corso Como Boots


White Blouse from Hong Kong
(I went to Hong Kong two summers ago, and that was a shopping experience of a life-time)

-Sj

No comments:

Post a Comment