Sunday, December 20, 2009

Teen Vogue Event

Hey there... sorry I haven't written in a while (I love how I am like "talking" to people, thinking they are there, but really, they are not...lol i just crack myself up!) but I have had exams and they just finished last week, and now I am on winter break. Gosh, I am so exhausted, and finally ready for snow, I was worried it wouldn't come.

My sister received an invitation from Teen Vogue three weeks ago announcing the Teen Vogue event which would be held at the Louis Vuitton store on 5th avenue. Two years ago, my sister, mom, and I attended the event and had a blast so without hesitation we RSVP'd. (They didn't have one last year - fyi - or else we would most definitely have gone). I wish I had a picture of the invitation, it was beautiful and I wouldn't be surprised if my sister still had it somewh

The event was supa-fun, and really I felt like a VIP going there (even though I am nothing of that sort.) We met Eva Chen (Beauty director of Teen Vouge), KeSha (Tik Tok), and saw Shailene Woodley +Daren Kagasoff (Secret Life of the American Teenager.) I waited forever to meet Amy Astley and finally couldn't take it anymore, and rushed up the stairs after her to awkwardly tap her on the shoulder and tell her how much I loved Teen Vogue. Unbelievably unbarrasing, especially as my sister was laughing her head off at the bottom of the stairs. I felt rather strange in my short, blue Moroccan dress (borrowed from my mother) because I was like the only one in color! Everyone (and when I say everyone, I mean everyone) was in black Chanel booties, little black dresses and tiny black clutches. I felt like I should have been in the Bahamas. OH - also there was Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine), who looked cute in oversized pants, a slim blazer and her perfectly curled hair... Sometimes, I wish my hair was long and slightly curled, whenever I see people on the street with that type of head, I am like "I want her hair!"

Anyway, back to the point, the event was a success, so here are a few pictures of the event ...

My sister and I nearly melted over some of the pieces

A view of the first floor from above

They had this cool ting where you could wait on (a short) line and have a few pictures taken by a real photographer, I got really in to it - kind of
:)

You don't have to mention me and my fabulous modeling skills

Wearing my mothers (old old) Moroccan dress and a wrap belt from Hong Kong

Look at the next post for more pictures...


No comments:

Post a Comment